- Markets not accessed:
- The Marketplace (I2P)
- Topix 2 (requires an invite code)
- Area 51 (requires a unique Bitcoin waller)
- Over the last several months Silk Road has been under serious and frequent DDOS attack. That, along with a massive hack of bitcoin earlier this year, has not only stymied growth, but led to a decrease in listings of 10 percent. Pandora also lost a large portion of bitcoin due to a hack and has seen very little growth since our report came out.
- Agora and Evolution Marketplace have been the benefactors of the misfortunes of SR 2.0 and Pandora. As the chart above points out, both sites have seen tremendous growth and Agora appears primed to overtake Silk Road 2.0 as the largest Darknet Marketplace.
- White Rabbit Anonymous Marketplace, which was included in our report, is now dead
- Dark Bay shut down and merged with a new site, Andromeda Market, which has seen large growth and is now included in our large market category.
- There are eight new markets included in the chart(not including Andromeda) bringing the total from 11 in our original report to 19 markets today. Two are worth keeping an eye on as they have experience significant growth very early on. They are Cloud 9 and Hydra Marketplace.